Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR SUBMISSION IS BLINDED BY REMOVING ANY IDENTIFYING TEXT FROM ARTICLE AND CITATIONS.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Provide details of any grants or contracts awarded from sources other than your university or institution to fund this research. This statement will appear as a footnote in the published article.
By checking this box, the author/s acknowledge that all relevant IRB procedures at their institution have been followed.
For authors who are currently sharing or plan to share data used in this article with the larger scholarly community, please indicate how these data can be accessed. With your permission, we will publish your data on our dataset on the journal's dataverse upon publication of the article (https://dataverse.harvard.edu/dataverse/PittJWSR). You can link your dataset to the dataverse on the ensuing pages.
If you have data that is currently unavailable, we request that you include the future date of access.
Your statement will appear as a footnote in the published article. Since data sharing is not always possible, please skip this item if you will not share your data with other scholars.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
JWSR does not accept unsolicited book reviews, but we do welcome queries and suggestions of possible books for review. JWSR will consider reviewing books published in languages other than English.
If you are a publisher or author with a book you’d like JWSR to review, please send a query to our book review editor, Alexandre White, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we decide to review the book, we will identify a reviewer and ask that the review copy be sent to him/her directly.
Non-State Movements and Spaces
This section is only for articles that have been selected for this special issue.
Symposium: Home Rule by Nandita Sharma
Only invited authors may make a submission to this section.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- The Author retains copyright in the Work, where the term “Work” shall include all digital objects that may result in subsequent electronic publication or distribution.
- Upon acceptance of the Work, the author shall grant to the Publisher the right of first publication of the Work.
- The Author shall grant to the Publisher and its agents the nonexclusive perpetual right and license to publish, archive, and make accessible the Work in whole or in part in all forms of media now or hereafter known under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License or its equivalent, which, for the avoidance of doubt, allows others to copy, distribute, and transmit the Work under the following conditions:
- Attribution—other users must attribute the Work in the manner specified by the author as indicated on the journal Web site;
- The Author is able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the nonexclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the Work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), as long as there is provided in the document an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post online a prepublication manuscript (but not the Publisher’s final formatted PDF version of the Work) in institutional repositories or on their Websites prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work. Any such posting made before acceptance and publication of the Work shall be updated upon publication to include a reference to the Publisher-assigned DOI (Digital Object Identifier) and a link to the online abstract for the final published Work in the Journal.
- Upon Publisher’s request, the Author agrees to furnish promptly to Publisher, at the Author’s own expense, written evidence of the permissions, licenses, and consents for use of third-party material included within the Work, except as determined by Publisher to be covered by the principles of Fair Use.
- The Author represents and warrants that:
- the Work is the Author’s original work;
- the Author has not transferred, and will not transfer, exclusive rights in the Work to any third party;
- the Work is not pending review or under consideration by another publisher;
- the Work has not previously been published;
- the Work contains no misrepresentation or infringement of the Work or property of other authors or third parties; and
- the Work contains no libel, invasion of privacy, or other unlawful matter.
- The Author agrees to indemnify and hold Publisher harmless from Author’s breach of the representations and warranties contained in Paragraph 6 above, as well as any claim or proceeding relating to Publisher’s use and publication of any content contained in the Work, including third-party content.
Revised 7/16/2018. Revision Description: Removed outdated link.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.